This article will discuss neck massage techniques and 7 methods for giving a fast and relaxing massage. The techniques discussed below will relax and relieve stress fast and without needing a massage table or a professional masseuse. To perform these 7 methods, have someone sit backwards in a chair with a pillow in between their chest and the chair, have them drape their head over the pillow.
1. Upper Shoulder Squeeze: The first step for a quick and relaxing neck massage is to administer an upper shoulder squeeze. The muscle on each side of your shoulders is notorious for carrying a lot of stress and toxins. Gradually increase the pressure and repeat this squeeze three times.
2. Finger Circles: With your hands straight and fingers in line, place the fingers at the top of the neck and make small circles with your fingers. Continue to move down the neck and along the shoulder muscle down to your shoulders. Repeat this move three times before moving to the other side.
3. Lobster Claws: Possibly the most enjoyable massage technique, the lobster claw is done by rubbing the muscles on the back of the neck and alternating hands in a fluid motion. Repeat this move 20 times.
4. Head Massage: To begin, place fingers at the hairline at the back of the head. Positioned in the center, make tiny circles with fingers and move outward. Move up the back of the head and massage the scalp, once you've reached the top move back down. Once completed, repeat the lobster claw massage technique on the other side of the body.
5. Fist Tapping: Gently tapping on the back of the shoulders with the small part of the fist, cover the entire back and shoulders.
6. Karate Chops: Open the hands and perform karate chops over the shoulder muscles and upper back.
7. Finishing Strokes: These are subtle but very important; to perform finishing strokes, do light downward strokes from the shoulders to the lower back.
This article discussed neck massage techniques and 7 methods anyone can do to give a quick and relaxing massage. Follow these steps to help anyone who needs to relieve stress.
Tess Rainey, an advocate for alternative medicine, created a website that can help you find the relaxation your body needs. Her website, SwedishMassageTechniques.NurturingYourBody.com, has a neck massage technique as well as a massage technique.
More from @TessRainey