Recently, online triathlon book distributor “Mindset Triathlon” owner Staley Krause was interviewed at the Rock Star Triathlete Academy about how she would choose a perfect triathlon training book. She had several suggestions for some familiar titles, as well as books we'd never heard of, from inspiration to education to nutrition and cross-training.
Here are some of Staley's top picks
Inspirational Triathlon training book best choices – Theses are the top 5 triathlon books that will help you get pumped up to get through training or even a race when things get tough.
1. The Extra Mile, Rodale Books. A tale of how a under dog came to win one of the hardest ultra distance running events in the world.
2. My Triathlon Family, Glen McGowean. This book gives advice on how to get your kids involved in the sport of triathlon.
3. You Go Girl! The best is yet to Comeby Darlene Ballard (anthology) The story of a woman who went through many mental challenges on the path to racing a triathlon.
4. The Meaning of Triathlon, Brian Brode
5. Slow Fat Triathlete, Jayne Williams
Educational triathlon training book top picks- If you are looking to get all the tips and advice that will make you stronger and faster than these books are a great read.
1. Triathlete in Transition, Ironstruck. A book on how to go from athlete to triathlete
2. Championship Triathlete Training, Human Kinetics
3. Runners Edge, Human Kinetics
Nutrition & Cross Training Triathlon Training Book Picks – triathlon is about much more than training – you must also have your nutrition and cross-training planned out perfectly! These three books (the top two of which are given free to Rock Star Triathlete Academy members) will get you dialed in for those departments.
1. Top 12 Resistance Training Routines for Triathletes, Ben Greenfield. An excellent resource on how to use strength training to get stronger, faster and healthy all year long.
2. Holistic Fueling for the Ironman Triathlete, Ben Greenfield. An “A” class book on eating healthy whole foods for fuel as a traithlete.
3. Endurance Sports Nutrition, Human Kinetics. A great resource on who to fuel for various endurance sports so one can perform at their best.
What do you think? Have you read any of these triathlon training book picks? Are you hungry to learn more about how to become inspired and excel at the sport of triathlon? Whether you're a beginner, intermediate, or advanced triathlete, you'll find everything you need in one or more of these books
Looking for a resource that complies all the Triathlon Training Books out there? Then go to Rock Star Triathlete and sign up for your free tips today. You can get a unique content version of this article from the Uber Article Directory.
More from @KerrySullivan