A good triathlon training program should allow you to finish the Ironman without the need for 7 hour bike rides and hours of pool and run time. You should not have to neglect your school, work and family in order to cross the finish line. In this article we will reveal how triathletes can ensure their triathlon success be simply following 7 keys.
1. High Intensity Interval Training: High intensity interval training (HIT) provides exceptional cardiovascular and muscular training in as little as 30 to 40 minutes. By simply maximizing training intervals, workout times, rest periods and training schedules, you will be out of the gym quickly and efficiently.
2. Periodization: Periodization is when you split up working out and eating into specific segments. Your plan should include precise drills, workouts, quick and easy meals and numerous other details that triathlon training requires. No more eating as much as you can and hoping that the sheer volume of your training will be enough.
3. Strategic Rest & Test: The time leading up to a triathlon event means having sufficient rest intervals so that recovery, re-testing and adaptation can occur. You must learn how to analyze if your body is adapting to triathlon success. A good plan means keeping accurate and simple logs that will track important results for you.
4. Racing: To be both physically and mentally dominant in the big race, you first need to compete in other events that will help build you up. Also, don't be that person who is walking with stomach cramps they did not know what to eat during the build up to race week.
5. No Guesswork: Do you know what the difference is between those that walk across the line at night and those that run across the line hours earlier? It is all in the triathlon training plan that they followed. They learned how to train, how to push, what exercises to do, what to eat and how to win. You should learn what you need to do right from day 1 of training.
6. Holistic Fueling: Training for a triathlon is already very hard on your body, so you must have a nutritional regime that will complement and enhance your training. You can not just put cheap fuel in your gas tank. Foods can have anti-inflammatory and supplemental benefits that help your body. Learn what you need to buy in order to have a balanced diet.
7. Time Flexibility: Effective triathlon training programs are flexible and can easily be re-arranged. What is the point of following a training schedule that does not allow for life's curve balls? Life events will take precedent sooner or later and you need to be able to have a flexible plan that adapts to your situation.
Are You Ready For More?? Imagine how with just 8-12 hours of training a week you can dominate Ironman. Learn how by following 7 principles in an easy to follow sprint triathlon training for beginners program you can balance your training with your life. Don't neglect your family and your work because of your training. Get the best sprint triathlon training for beginners available.
More from @DaveRedoubt