Bodybuilders know that in order to build muscle, diet is of utmost importance. If you eat a poor diet, it doesn't matter how much you push yourself when you train, your muscle mass will not grow. To build big muscles, you need the proper diet. Here are a few tips to ensure you follow the proper build muscle diet so you can build up muscle mass fast.
1. Eat 5-7 meals per day. This will mean that you can easily eat the required amount of calories in order for you to grow. Also, it will ensure your body has high energy levels throughout the entire day.
2. Your build muscle diet should consist of around 50% carbohydrates, 30% proteins, and 20% fats. This provides the amino acids you require to build muscle mass.
3. The timing of your meals is important on a build muscle diet. Eat approximately one to two hours before you workout. Also, be sure to eat within an hour after your workout, even if you only have time to drink a protein shake. Another time to drink a high protein shake is right before going to bed so you can build muscle mass while sleeping. Always eat as soon as you awaken since your muscles will be low on energy at that time.
4. Add supplements to your build muscle diet to help you pump up muscle mass. Based upon what you can afford, consider taking Omega-3 fatty acids, multivitamins, creatine, and whey protein. A healthy diet is crucial to building muscle mass; supplements can give your diet an added boost.
5. Regularly drink small amounts of water. water is critical to many reactions in the body. They will occur much more easily when water is not limited. Muscle growth won?t happen without water. Drinking too much water at once will however leave you feeling bloated and full.
Ok, so we have covered the basics there. Now then, what food is good in order to build muscle. Here are some great foods for your to try:
Protein is needed for growth and repair of muscles. Clearly this will be important for muscle building fanatics.Fantastic sources of protein include: Cheese, Egg Whites, Turkey Breast, Salmon, Lean Beef, Chicken Breast, Tuna Cottage Whey Protein.
Another important part of your build muscle diet comes in the form of carbohydrates. These are important because they give you the energy you need to make it through your bodybuilding routines. Carbs also support the growth of muscle. Get carbohydrates in your diet and increase your energy and muscle mass by eating more brown rice, bagels, oatmeal, baked potatoes, yogurt, beans, sweet potatoes, and whole wheat pasta.
You may not realize it, but a well rounded build muscle diet must also contain the right amount of good fats in order to grow muscle mass. Include these good fats in your diet: flax seed oil, fish oil, olive oil, avocados, nuts, and peanut butter.
Vitamins and minerals play a wide variety of roles in all of the important reactions in the body including muscle growth. Great source of vitamins and minerals are: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Asparagus, Green Beans, Peas, Carrots and Spinach.
By following these simple build muscle diet guidelines, you should be able to build muscle mass. Keep in mind that your body requires a lot of calories to burn as energy and to use to pack on muscle mass. Therefore, make sure you eat plenty of healthy foods to give your body what it needs to grow.
More from @CliveEdwards